5 by5 TURNAROUND MANAGEMENT
5 by5 TURNAROUND
Rely on long-standing expertise in crisis-management
to get yourself backed in the moment of pain.
Rely on long-standing Expertise in Crisis-Management.
Companies in crisis get tailor-made help through our unique phase-gated turnaround method. Organizations in Crisis require an experienced Turnaround Manager with the right "Spirit" but also a well-funded Framework: Our unique 5by5 Method.
Our unique Turnaround method HELPS jeopardized Missions on their way back from red to green.
Everything starts with the right engagement. Therefore, strengthening and confirming self-confidence, as well as a relentless 5D Assessment, are essential.
- Clear picture of company situation Clear and unbiased picture of the current company situation
- Individual liability fully understood Strategies to avoid indivual liabilities (e.g. §1 StaRUG)
- Clarification of legal status Clarification on legal status and possible consequences
- Support of banks or shareholders Banks, creditors or shareholders support a possible turnaround
- Court or shareholder requests fulfilled Necessary preparation for court or shareholders' requests
- Sparring partner on self-confidence Get a sparring partner to reinforce self-confidence
- Support by possible allies securedSupport by management or other allies are secured
- Unbiased picture of project situation Clear and unbiased picture of the current project situation
- Interim ressource funding secured Interim funding secured, to have propper ressources
- Go-On decision paper prepared Decision paper is prepared and a turnaround decision expected.
In a crisis, painful measures are inevitable. This is, when the expertise of an independent turnaround consultant matters, combining a management background with empathy.
- 360° emergency mode activatedManagement and staff in "360° emergency mode"
- Right crisis measures applied to survive "Evaluation & Triage" carried out to survive crisis situation
- Financial stability achieved (short-term) Crisis measures focussing on financial stability, even when painful
- All legal obligations fulfilled (esp. StarUG) Legal obligations fulfilled, especially in a looming crisis (StarUG)
- Effective crisis containment Effective crisis containment by experienced Turnaround Managers
- Project team sworn in & on the same page Honest communication, project team as well as partners sworn in
- Equal measures regardless of status Unbiased risk mitigation regardless of management level or status
- The right set screws for every situation Strong project governance applied to improve T/B/Q adherence
- Changes only where absolutely needed Goals redefined where needed, but kept where possible
- Right methods applied by experience Right communication and methods applied by experience
A sustainable turnaround requires perseverance. Only an extensive interlocking of execution and controlling, combined with strong change management, can pave the way back into calm waters.
- Seasoned Turnaround ExecutivesLong-standing Turnaround experience leads to fast success
- Individually adapted strategyMission, strategy, TOM's, reorg... we guide you to the right design
- Focus on modern leadership style A strong focus on the management style will set future collaboration
- Network of experts for all your questions Dedicated expertise through our network (subject matter experts)
- Resilient future-proof organization We will make your organization resilient, agile and future-proof
- Turnaround management with empathy Experience and empathy is key to a successful turnaround
- Open project culture & InnovationAn open culture leads to innovation and opportunities
- Agility of the project organization Agile budgeting & execution adapts to changing requirements
- Strong controlling but coaching too The right mix of controlling and coaching leads to results
- Future-proof resilient PM organization We make your project organization resilient and future-proof
was key to success.
… Regaining trust was his key to success: Overcoming resistance on all sides and preparing the IT-organization for the start of the new CIO.
Together we defined a mid-term strategy, he rebuilt the communication between CEO and the IT, and set up a roadmap for each C-Level. Personally, for me (as Head of BI and Processes), he was an open-minded sparring partner.
He acted goal-oriented, on an equal footing, and with respect that enabled us to achieve common goals as a team. I’m grateful he accompanied us on that journey. I would definitely recommend him for comparable assignments.
A focused, strategic forward-thinking advisor!
So I learned Jens (in his assignment as crisis manager) in my role as EVP of SSI IT-Solutions to know.
He –very fast– identified the core issues in our organization, made the board and middle management aware and defined cross-company initiatives to work on needed changes. In discussions about organizational restructuring, process improvements, product strategy or even own management behavior and leadership he was very clear in his communication. If needed, he defended his position, precise illustrating the root cause and chained effects to the organization.
I appreciate his collaborative and sensitive way of work, bringing all parties throughout the organization together without losing focus. He was a valuable advisor on our mission to restore our operational effectiveness.
… was part of a challenging Telco strategy project in Asia where he took over responsibility for the Core IT Strategy of the fixed line and mobile incumbents (46 mio subscribers), called TCI and MCI.
The aim was to create a comprehensive path for both totally separated IT units to be converged and to put them later in a position to offer real FMC (Fixed Mobile Convergence). Strong Business IT Alignment modeling, Innovation Guidance or Governance were additional aspects of his tasks.
Even in contradiction to the already approved Business strategy of both business units, he developed a new convergent, short and long-term IT Strategy with deep implications for the Business.
While having good relations with C- and Top Level Management he was ab to inspire and protect his ideas. He acted with high professionalism. From my point of view -as a principal contractor- he was an excellent choice for this project.